FAQ: Entry and exit from Spain (Schengen)

19 June
FAQ: Entry and exit from Spain (Schengen)
FAQ: Entry and exit ... image

Popular questions about the rules of entry and exit to Spain

Is it possible to travel inside the Schengen area if the validity of the passport has expired?

Foreign citizens must have a valid passport with them when traveling within the Schengen area. In addition, it is necessary to have grounds for stay or residence, such as a short-term visa or residence permit (residence permit).

How can I confirm entry to Spain if the country of first entry was another member country of the Schengen Agreement and there is no border control with it?

Foreigners entering Spain from a country with which an agreement on the abolition of border controls has been signed must personally declare their entry to the Spanish police and receive an entry declaration. If this is not done upon entry, the application must be submitted within three working days from the date of entry to any police station or immigration office

Do airline employees have the right to request a visa when boarding a flight?

Yes, airlines are required to check the availability of visas and other travel documents for passengers arriving from third countries not participating in the Schengen Agreement. They are also responsible for the return of the passenger to the country of departure if he is refused entry

Is the exit permit (Autorización de regreso) valid only for travel outside the Schengen area?

Yes, the exit permit is valid only for travel outside the Schengen area. It is not provided for movement within the Schengen area.

Recommendations for travelers

If you are planning a trip to Spain, make sure that you have all the necessary documents, including a valid passport and a visa, if required by your nationality. In addition, upon entry, you may be asked to provide proof of financial viability, a return ticket and confirmation of your accommodation reservation